Saturday, September 6, 2008

Labor Day Weekend!

We have a rally good time on Labor day weekend. We went up to Grand Lake to Kevin's parents cottage on the lake. It was very relaxing and a much needed time. We did all sorts of things from fishing to swimming and even baby Alec got a boat ride. Evan got a fishing pole for his birthday and caught his first fish. Then his second and his third....... He went out on the Lake one night with Kevin and Uncle Jon and when he came back he came running in saying, " I caught a walleye, he was 42!! But he held his hands out to be as big as his arm stretch. He was so happy and excited. It was dark when he got back so that was also exciting. IT was very hard to come home. We went to the sand bar on the last day with Jon and Honor and the boys and Kevin went snorkeling over by some rocks when the sand bar kind of ended. Well he was looking for live bait to fish with that night. I guess he came across a jumbo leach under a rock that I am so glad I knew nothing about till the ride home. He said it was a neon green with brown spots and was about 14 inches long. What the???? Yuck!! We he used it that night fishing with his dad and caught a record small mouth bass. He forgot to bring the camera!!!!! Oh well here are the pictures I took. Enjoy!








No comments: