Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Evan's First Day of School

Well we headed to Pierce Preschool today. Boy was Evan excited, I have never seen him so excited about something before. As we walked to school he kept telling me different things he was going to be doing at school and of course stressed the fact that he was going by HIMSELF and Burke was staying with Mom. That didn't make Burke feel real happy. I was so happy for Evan of all the fun he was going to have. We took pictures out front and he just wanted to go inside so bad. The pride, you can see in his face, was so apparent that morning. That made me so happy. Well when we got in there it was such a different experience for me too. This is a public elementary school and I went to a private Catholic school. It was very different to me right away. All the kids were shuffling through the halls wearing pretty much anything they wanted, from flip flops to t-shirts to football fan jerseys. Much different than what I remember at my school. Plus there was a big room off to the left when you walked in. The lunch room. We always ate at our desks so this was new to me too. There room was filled up with noisy kids eating. This is going to be a new, fun experience for both the boys and myself. I think I was more nervous than Evan was. Well we are waiting in the preschool line waiting to go into the class. As we start shuffling in Evan then tells Burke again that this is where he goes in and that he needs to go home with Mommy. Oh No, it starts. The Tantrum of all tantrums. As Evan enters they encourage you to drop off at the door. Well that is was we did. Evan scooted right in, no looking back. I tried to stand there as long as I could to get one last wave in but he didn't turn around. The next family pushed past me and I was out of sight. He did so well and then on the other hand Burke did not. He looked at me and began to scream, " I want to go too!!!!" Oh no, This was my cue to get the rock out of dodge. I actually had to carry him out in a football hold. As we got outside I put him down and he ran back up to the doors crying that he wanted to go. I tried so hard to divert his attention to anything else but Evan's school. Popsicle. His favorite word, He was a little entertained but we had another tantrum at the store. I got a little on film. He's how it went.


Here are a few pictures of our first day. By the way when we went to pick up Evan the tantrum started all over again and Evan got a black eye on his first day! What a day I thought. Evan was coming back in at the end of the day from the playground and he thought that there was three steps and there was actually four. So he tripped and hit his face on the railing. No more crocs at school!



No comments: