Monday, August 24, 2009

Evan's Fifth Birthday Party!

I still can't believe Evan is Five now. It seems like he was just born. I can still remember his face the moment he was born. Well anyway the party turned out to be pretty fun. I know the boys has a great time. We invited a few of his friends and family and it all turned out just perfect. It even rained a little but it wasn't really noticed. It was a Batman and Superman themed party and I made capes for everyone. They didn't seem to keep them on very long. We had, and an amazing fruit shark that Carol,(Grandma) made. It was so cool!! The cut up watermelon in his mouth looked like guts he was eating, truly the coolest use of friut I have ever seen. The other Grandma, Pat, brought a yummy pasta and taco salad and Aunt Colleen brought a yummy mexican dip. We had sloppy joes and chips and Chris and Jen from across the street brought a huge pan of Mac n cheese, that Chris made of course. We got a Pinata for the kids and when that thing burst open the candy seemed to explode everwhere. It was cool because I don't think I ever saw those things actually break open. They usually end up being beaten by an adults or ripped open. We also had a water ballon fight and of course the cake. Yummy!! The boys and one girl were so funny!! THey were all screaming "I want cake" at Kevin, I have never seen anything funnier. Kevin did such an amazing job with these kids. He is definately the entertainer of the family, I couldn't have done half as good a job as he did. For the beginning of the party to the end he was definitely kept on his toes. Those boys and one girl were as wild as wild animals running everywhere, up in the playhouse and jumping and climbing on everything. He finally went up to his brother and said," Okay your up". Truly funny to watch. Thanks so much to everyone who brought food, You have no idea how helpful that was. Especially since I don't like to cook or make anything myself.

Present time!!! Evan certainly was happy with all his gifts. Everyone was so generous and they are still playing with there toys as we speak. Quite an imagination they have. I love just listening to them pretend. I'm not kidding about this but they stayed up until midnight last night playing. They were having so much fun and I was still up, so I said oh well. It is kind of relaxing today having the house clean and I can just relax. Here are some pictures from yesterday.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Evan!!! We sure do wish we could have been there. Looks like you had a great time. Love, Molly, Nora and Maeve