Well we had a huge winter storm today starting in the early morning. What a surprise to find all the snow this morning. It just kept coming down all morning and into the afternoon. We got about a foot of snow. AWESOME!!!! We were definatly snowed in. Evan's school was cancelled just like all the others in the State of Michigan!! I think he is too young to understand that feeling of 'NO SCHOOL', but it definately brought me back. I do miss being young and excited about the littlest things. That was the fun part about having a brother and sisters to play with. Boy..... those were the days!! Here are a few pictures and a movie about our exciting day in the snow. Of course, now I understand about how hard it is to be a parent with little ones. The second we got outside Burke's gloves came off. Then... Potty time!!! AHHHHHHHHH By the time Burke and I got inside and all his winter clothes off, Evan was pounding on the door, "Mom are you coming back out?" I sreamed, "We will be right out." Then when we were done Burke wanted to stay inside. So I told him I was going back outside with Evan and Ben to finish the driveway. Not a second after I got outside Burke was crying at the window that he didn't want to be inside alone. So I told Evan we have to go inside with Burke. Well we step inside the door and Burke sees Evan all dressed up. So he shouts, " I want to go back outside!!" Fine lets go. By this time I am sweating and ready to get back outside. I get Burke all dressed up again and I look over at Evan and all his winter clothes are off!!! WHAT THE!!!! " I want to stay inside now Mom," said Evan. So I look at Burke and he is staring to take his clothes off too. " Me Too!", said Burke. FINE!! I'm done, no more outside today. So the clothes come off and water and snow chunks are everywhere. My oh my, I'm just so glad I don't care a bit about messes because I would have been rocking in the back bedroom, singing to myself if I did. I love being a Mom of course, nothing replaces this experience. But I have to admidt, there is some feeling I miss about being completely independant and small minded, where just running and diving into the cold wet snow was all I needed to be completely happy. ENjoy the Pictures





Oh Yeah and then later in the day Burke decides to take out every last can of playdoh that we have and combine it into one big ball. I still have tears in my eyes. It was so funny it was like something from Dr. Suess!!
No comments:
Post a Comment