Friday, August 22, 2008

Yummy Tip of the Day!!!!

I love to make pancakes and my guys LOVE pancakes. My yummiest tip to making the best pancakes (and the healthiest) is to put a packet of your favorite instant oatmeal in to the mix. The best EVER!!! My favorite is strawberries and cream.

My Favorite Homemade Pancakes

3/4 Cup Flour
1 cup Milk
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Oil
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg or egg substitute
*special ingredient - Whatever you wish!!



Evan is very hard to get to try anything new. He hates veggies. So I have being making veggie muffins. I know their is a book out by Seinfeld's wife how to hide stuff in food for kids but I haven't read it. I just do this on my own. My Mom understands right Patty? Anyhow. I just again take a yummy muffin recipe and puree carrots of zuchinni, bananas or blueberries. Really anything you want and put it in. Evan loves cake so what I put in it he has no clue!! So freeze a bunch and serve it to them for easy meal addition.


The best baby, toddler and kids cookbook I have found is called 'The BIG Book of Recipes for Babies, Toddlers & Children - 365 Quick, Easy, and Healthy Dishes' by Bridget Wardley and Judy More. This book not only has awesome recipes but it also give you a lot of nutritional information for every type of child. Mine has an allergy. It has recipe and shopping tips for all types of kids. They have symbols by the recipes for Vegetarians, Gluten-free, Wheat-free, dairy-free, contains eggs, contains peanuts, and what the recipe is a good source of. I LOVE it!!!

No comments: